Sunday 3 July 2011

In memory of 'The Aunties'

Recently the last of my three great Aunties passed away. The Aunties were three very inspirational ladies; they cared very much for their family and dedicated their lives to looking after each other. They were always very interested to hear about what I was up to and liked the fact that I enjoyed sewing; a hobby they shared. I am sure I must have inherited some of my creative streak from their line of the family. I have also been very lucky to inherit some beautiful textiles that they had embroidered and a lovely sketchbook dated 1820 full of intricate floral designs. Over the next few weeks I will share with you some of my favourite textile pieces and pages from the sketchbook. I hope you will find them as inspirational as I do. 
So this blog is in memory of three lovely ladies, 'The Aunties' Eileen, Margaret and Hazel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment